harvard-Yale regatta weekend June 8-10
Pre-Race Luncheon Thursday June 8th
With all thanks to the staff of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, this is the link for the LIVE, free public access to the Harvard-Yale Regatta luncheon program today, June 8, 2023, at the Academy. Program will begin at about 12:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time:
The program will include welcoming remarks by Michael Passero, Mayor of New London, and RADM Michael Johnston, Superintendent of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy; the audience singing classic Yale and Harvard "fight songs"; remarks by soon-retiring Yale Coach Stephen Gladstone and Harvard Coach Charles Butt; a keynote speech by Olympic silver medalist and 9 times Head-of-the-Charles-winning sculler Dr. Genevra Stone; and the drawing of the race lanes for the Regatta Saturday, June 10, on the Thames River.
Red Top Cocktail Party Friday June 9th, 6pm
Free Cocktail party at Red Top (Harvard Boathouse) 80-R Military hwy, Gales Ferry, CT - all interested in the regatta are invited. You may RSVP HERE.
The Race - HY Men's Rowing Saturday June 10th, 11-4pm
- Celebrate and watch the Races of the 156th Harvard Yale Regatta on the Thames River from the Regatta Festival grounds on Sweet Hill Farm. Visit Regatta Festival Website for info on food trucks, vendors, entertainment, best spots to watch the races, and more.
- Free Parking & Shuttle from nearby Ledyard church/store lots: Parking on site at the Farm and Erickson Park is very limited, so please take the Free Shuttles from/to the Free parking in Ledyard - visit Festival Website for details
- NO TICKETS ARE NEEDED for FREE ADMISSION to Regatta Festival and Race Watching in nearby Erickson Park
- The June 9-10 Regatta times are as follows, all in Gales Ferry (Ledyard, CT):
- Friday, June 9, upstream, 4V race: 1700,
- Third Varsity race, upstream, 1415 Saturday, June10
- Junior Varsity race, upstream, 1500 Saturday, June 10
- Varsity race, upstream, 1600 Saturday, June 10
- Reserve (rain) Date: Sunday, June 11